Another year down...

Currently I am sitting in the quiet section of the library right now.  Sadly, I have one final left to take. But, I really don't want to study yet, so I thought I would commemorate and talk about this year and everything I have learned.
Sophomore year of college was by far the toughest year I have experienced, but it was full of a lot of lessons and great memories also.
This past year I have experienced so much emotionally that at times I really felt emotionally exhausted.  It's not exactly a secret that I went through a couple breakups, some outcomes are fine now while others aren't.  I'm not going to go into it because its written somewhere else on my little corner of the internet.  Through these breakups I really learned a lot about myself. 
Besides break ups I have learned a lot about people in general.  I was taught the hard way of picking up on red flags in people you view as friends.  I learned that not everyone always has your best intentions in mind, and why should they?  The world doesn't revolve around you.  It was rough but it was ultimately for the better.
Besides the bittersweet lessons I have learned, I have had so many more great memories this past year.  I don't think I have ever laughed so much than I did this year.  I got closer with my big, my littles and the girls in my friend groups.  I never realized how easy it is to make me laugh, but that was something I discovered this year, but I wouldn't change that.  
This year I forced myself to sing more.  I have posted videos of myself singing, seriously so terrifying still.  I now also go to open mics and karaokes on mondays with my friends and family.  I never knew how good it would make me feel about myself, but it really has.  Im not trying to sit here and gush about my voice, because I am not Christina Aguilera, but you know what I try my best haha.
This year I taught myself to really go for what I want, while also owning up to my mistakes.  Through being event co-ordinator, I really understand how to take criticism and use it as a positive instead of a negative.  Through going for what I want and working my ass off, Im now Vice President of Angels! 
Finally, I have really grasped what it is that I want to do with my life.  At the present moment I am finishing up Sophomore year.  I will spend Junior year here at UTSA, before transferring to a nursing school in fall of 2019.  I will spend 2 years going through nursing school, then spend another 2 years getting my masters.  The goal is to be a nurse practitioner.  After this semester in developmental psychology and also the birth of my baby cousin, I really know that I want to work with kids.  Being a nurse practitioner will allow me to interact with kids everyday and also do what I love, which is help people.
This year was very difficult, but ultimately amazing!  This summer will be full of traveling, study for my TEAS, and working.  I can't wait to see what all is to come.  Well peace out for now kids.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images